Sunday, October 25, 2009

One Year Down ... FOREVER to Go!



One year ago, we were joined by family and friends in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin to officially start our new life together. It was the best day of our lives - to be in our favorite place, at our favorite time of the year, surrounded by our favorite people - it really was magical. I get to have a slumber party with my best friend every night for the rest of my life ... it doesn't get any better!


Our last year together has been full of excitement, but it has not been without its challenges. The day I returned to work after our honeymoon in Jamaica, I inquired about a new job posting for the Walmart team in Arkansas. Well, the rest is history. My amazing husband supported me and my career and packed up to move south. Thanks to the complicated relocation and the agreement with Polaris to get Kyle back to Mpls on a regular basis (with a few fishing trips and girl weekends thrown in,) we found a way to be in separate states for 94 days this past year! That's 3 whole months apart during our first year of marriage. Not the way we would have planned it, but somehow, it has brought us closer, and we cherish our time together even more.



Our anniversary celebration started on Monday when Kyle surprised me with a delicious home cooked meal and said "happy anniversary week" when I walked through the door. We took the idea and ran with it, stealing the term from our good friends ... Anniversary-Palooza was packed with some great home cooked meals, a few of our favorite movies, a performance of The Riverdance, a trip to our favorite pizzeria ... we celebrated every day! Kyle even baked me a cake and cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner!























When the special day finally arrived, Kyle surprised me with breakfast in bed ... and ... a beautiful diamond anniversary ring!!!! I was completely shocked! I had mentioned at one point that it would be pretty to get a second band to border the other side of my engagement ring -that was the symmetric/OCD left side of my brain talking. My husband remembered that discussion (and my ring size!) made his way back to Shane Co on one of his Mpls trips and truly suprised me with the perfect gift. In Kyle's words, I will have "perma-smile" for the rest of the day! If our life continues to be as amazing as this first year, I plan to have perma-smile for the rest of my life. :)



Thanks to everyone who sent us cards, gifts and kind wishes to commemorate our first year of marriage. And thanks to my husband for making my life complete.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww that's adorable :) Congrats on the anniversary I can't believe it's already been a year since the big party! What a great guy you've got! I love the "anniversary-palooza" - sounds like a fantastic idea. We miss you guys - I can't wait to start planning our visit in February!!
~Christine~