Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Autumn in Columbus

Recruiting took me back to Columbus for a second time this past week, and I was able to enjoy some downtime with friends and family for the weekend. While it felt a bit like winter, it sure did look like fall so we took advantage by soaking up some fall fun - apple picking, pumpkin picking and loading up on cider, gourds, pumpkin bread and roasted almonds. Here's me piggy backing on my friend Julie to reach the best apples. I'll be honest, it wasn't as effective as it may look!

That's why Liz took things to a new level, literally, and stood on Denyse's shoulders to get the really good fruit. Kids, don't try this at home.




Here's me and my good friend, Julie. We make a pretty good pair! I was lucky to be an honorary roommate at her new pad for the weekend. Thanks for taking me in, Julie, Ebony and Denyse!


I also got to see my old high school friend, Lesia, as she recently moved to Columbus. SO nice to spend some time with her and her husband, Aaron. Sorry, Lesia - didn't get any pictures of us in Columbus. Readers - please refer to OH-IO blog to get a peak of my adorable friend Lesia. :)
.
Caught breakfast with old college roomies and new babies. Here's my old college roommate, Jess, and her new son, Graham (aka deer in headlights!)
.



The Pierce family was also able to join us for breakfast. While a meal at a restaurant is hectic with children, Alayna and Ty find a way to make it beautiful chaos, with nothing but smiles.



My Aunt Hedy happened to be in Columbus the same weekend, so I was able to meet her for lunch with my brother, Jason.



I was also able to visit the farm that my brother lives on with friends. Here he is with one of his new roommates.


Enjoyed my time in Ohio and seeing good friends and family, but it felt good to make my way back home to Arkansas, where my husband picked me up at the airport. We've lived down here for almost 8 months and this was the first time that it actually felt like home!

1 comment:

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

Awwww. :o) More pumpkins, huh? Glad AR is feeling like home. But we need you back here!

Your brother has goats!! Do you know what kind? I kind of want a goat. Goat Cheese!! And Angora sweaters!!