Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cleveland Rocks!

We arrived in Cleveland late on Friday, prior to Thanksgiving. We were pretty adamant about having an open schedule with lots of time to relax, but there are always a few "must do's" on the list.


The first was going out to breakfast to visit our favorite waitress, Norma. Now, Norma is not just any waitress ... she's like part of the family. My grandfather started going to breakfast at this restaurant back in 1968! The family has been going there ever since ... and Norma is on her 46th year of working there. Outstanding. Always nice to see her and pay homage to George.



We caught a Cav's game over the weekend too. We were definitely in the cheap seats ... seriously, we were in the very last row, cement wall at our backs.













The best view we had of LeBron was on the jumbo-tron!




But as long as you have good company, good beer and LeBron putting on a show, all is well. Unfortunately, Shaq didn't play (gotta give the old man a few games off) but we had a great time!


The best part of the night was watching the spotlight guy do Tae Bo during the game ... he was literally doing push ups and boxing throughout the game to get his workout in while on the job. The picture doesn't do it justice, but I couldn't get the video to upload.



Mixed in with all the fun was a little bit of work around the house. It's the least we could do for my Mom and Dad since we are rarely home, and they really take good care of us whenever we visit.

Here we are doing some yard work. (Kyle re-raked all the spots that I did. Again, my half-ass approach is not up to his standards ... what's wrong with a few leaves still scattered on the lawn? I think it's pretty!)






Here's my Mom with a Ghostbuster pack on ... aka, leaf blower.





And, here is the most amazing feat of all. After living in our house in Westlake for 20 years, my parents are finally able to get a car in the garage ... thanks to my amazing husband! He went out to buy some heavy duty racking from Costco, piled the "junk" neatly on the shelves, and even shaved off the step to get two racks to fit along the back wall. Unbelievable. My poor Mom will no longer have to clean the snow off of her car to get to work.


Thank you to my mother-in-law for bestowing OCD-like organization on her son ... Kyle keeps our garage spotless and even organizes my junk drawer. I mean, not many girls can lay around on a Saturday morning and watch movies while her husband organizes the pantry, right? I'm one lucky girl!

No comments: