Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baby Mulhausen Road Trip

Kyle is the king of long drives, as he's made the 10 hour trek between Minneapolis and Arkansas more times than we care to count. Learning from the best, I jumped in the car last Thursday for an 8.5 hour road trip to Austin, Texas to visit Jeff and Kathleen for the last time before they become parents. Aside from driving past Fort Hood 30 minutes after the shooting, the trip was pretty uneventful and actually went by pretty fast. I will say that Arkansas is much prettier than Oklahoma or Texas, though.


Here are my favorite parents-to-be. Aren't they cute?!?!



Austin is a GREAT town. It has more character in one city block than all of Northwest Arkansas, that's for sure. Here are a few "only in Austin" moments that I was able to catch on camera...

A dude riding his scooter, with his dog going along for the ride in a cardboard box! That can't be safe ...




A Rooster delivery truck ... made me think of the dog car in Dumb and Dumber ...



I didn't have my camera with me when we witnessed unicyclers practicing in a parking lot, Brazilian dance fighters performing in the street, and someone in a bear costume meditating in the park. Yes, they like to Keep Austin Weird, and I love it!


In addition to good restaurants, bars, shopping and great weather ... I was able to attend Baby Mulhausen's baby shower!! This kid is going to be spoiled rotten. I refuse to have it any other way. Here's some of the Gmills gear I bought for him ... one has Lil' Sprout on it and the other is a Cheerios giraffe. The sock monkey is pretty awesome too.






We also celebrated Kathleen's birthday at an amazing Italian restaurant and finished the night off at the Cupcake Trailer. Kid you not, food trailers are big in Austin ... they have ones that sell tacos, cupcakes, pies, pudding, etc, etc. We weren't about to deny a pregnant lady on her birthday!




I had a blast in Austin, as always, and can't wait to go back with Kyle in January to meet our new little nephew. 7 more weeks until he joins the family! Thanks to Jeff and Kathy for hosting me for another great weekend in Austin and for taking the pressure off of Kyle and I to have kids any time soon! We love you guys!

No comments: