Saturday, November 14, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover

You've seen the pics from my adventure last weekend in Austin. Kyle seems to be making a habit of tackling big projects while he's home alone and this time, he actually took some photos to share! He built a cabinet in the garage to help keep us organized. Every last inch of space is critical in that garage, given that we've packed in a boat, motorcycle, a bike and two vehicles.











My weekends alone usually consist of a trip to the movie theater and a little (or a lot) of shopping. This time, I decided to "pull a Kyle" and tackle a project. And boy did I tackle a project!

Remember those pictures of Kyle and I painting ... and hating every minute of it?!?! Well, we still haven't called anyone to finish the job, but still wish we had color in a few more rooms. So, since my poor husband is traveling for work yet again (because I moved us to Arkansas,) I decided to surprise him with a freshly painted dining room!




As we already know, I'm not a very patient person, but I knew a half-ass job wasn't going to cut it. So instead, I purchased an edger and corner tool and will NEVER again paint without them! I didn't have to tape anything and edged the entire room in record speed (and high quality results!) Best $15 I've ever spent.






Welcome to our "Beachwalk" dining room! I absolutely LOVE the color and will definitely use it again in our next house. (It'll be nice to finally invest time, money and energy into a house that will be our home for more than a few years when we get back up North!)




I hope you like it, Kyle! You are all invited to join us for a good home cooked meal in our new, cozy dining room ... just say when!

No comments: