Saturday, December 19, 2009

That Girl Can Eat!

I'm a bit behind on posting this one, but it's just too good to pass up!

So, you've heard about our favorite pizzeria, Gusano's, here in town that we like to frequent. Well, they recently created a Pizza Challenge ... if anyone can finish a 1-topping, 30-inch pizza (that's right, I said 30 INCHES) in 1 hour, it's FREE. No one has succeeded yet, but there are two pictures on the wall of people that have tried.


Big-Talk-Tracie claimed that she could at least make a healthy dent in the 30-incher. That comment was enough to lead Kyle to throw out a bet of his own. $100 that I couldn't finish a 1-topping 13-inch pizza in 1 hour.


Little did he know, my dad used to say I "ate like a trucker" when I was a kid. And, I've been perfecting my art form ever since. Not to mention, a $100 prize! I was already coming up with ideas on how to spoil myself with that.


Here I am, staring my 13-inch black olive pizza in the face.


Bite number one tasted oh so good.


I was cruising until I finished the 6th slice of the 8-slice pie. That's when I hit the wall. And the strategy I tried of saving the crust until the end only held up for 3 of those slices. Hey, I figured I could dunk them in water and suck them down like the little Asian Champion hot dog eater if I had to!




Given that $100 and bragging rights were at stake, I had made the decision to finish the pizza before I even started ... so here I am with my empty box. Let's just say my body wasn't working like it normally does for a good two days!


But, I still conquered the pie! I proved to my hubby that I can eat like a dude ... hot, I know.


But I don't shop like a dude. Here's where my $100 winnings went ...


Sweet victory never looked so good ...


Thanks for doubting me, honey, the shoes are amazing!

No comments: