Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm 29 ... From Now On

Yesterday marked the first day of the last year of my 20's. I can't believe it either. I'll be carded for another 10 years, though, I'm sure.


Where has the time gone? I planned to visit all 50 states before I turned 30 ... that's not gonna happen. I've been to 42 and will probably end at 43 by next year - valiant effort, but somehow, the time slipped away. I planned to run a marathon before I turned 30. I'll have done 2 half marathons by next year, if that counts. Where did my 20's go? I mean, I'm so old that my parents have even stopped bothering to call me on my birthday. (Still love ya, Mom and Dad!)


To remedy this situation, I've decided that I will stay 29 from now on. That feels right. Then I'll have all the time in the world to do, go, see all that I had planned on. So, here's to my first 29th birthday!


Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes, cards, gifts, phone calls ... you sure made me feel loved.



Thanks to me for taking the afternoon off to go get a massage and for the cute shirt I bought myself at The Gap.



And most of all, thanks to my wonderful husband. Yet again, he made my special day special! He cooked me breakfast before going to work, showered me with gifts, took me out to dinner, and cuddled on the couch to watch a Christmas movie he rented for me. A perfect evening with the perfect person. I guess I could get used to this turning 29 thing after all!






No comments: