Monday, July 5, 2010

When in Rome

Beth and I spent a large portion of our travels in the beautiful country of Italy ... 2 days in Rome, 3 in Cinque Terre and 1 in Milan ... which amounts to - NOT enough!

Rome was full of ornate fountains,
.
super cute girls eating the best gelato ever,



quaint restaurants with delicious pasta and wine (and hot waiters - sorry, ladies, we forgot to take a picture,)





men in uniform (good) with massive guns (bad) on the streets,




fancy stores with clothing we couldn't afford,




and you guessed it, more rain (as you can see in the pic of The Vatican below.)




We even caught up with our friend's brother, Jay, who is studying in Rome and was gracious enough to give us a tour around the city for the afternoon.




We had a blast in Rome but really needed more time to do the city justice. We took advantage of the 2 days that we did have - walking around town (in the rain) so much that I had to leave my favorite shoes behind. I'm sure they don't mind living the rest of their lives in Italy - I know I wouldn't!


One more posting of Italy on the way soon ... then to my German roots ... and it's back to our lives in the States. Life really is good.

No comments: