Saturday, January 30, 2010

Together in the Tundra

Let's see ... we have officially lived in Arkansas for 11 months now (and officially 13 of 24 months completed on my project, not that I'm counting) and last week was the first time we coordinated our business trips back to Minneapolis! It was nice to actually spend some time together in Minnesota ... just like the good ol' days.

Between sharing a rental car, doctor's appointments and long days at work, we did find some time to spend with good friends. And hear me now, good friends, I WILL be that annoying guy that demands more pictures next time I'm back! I was able to see lots of people and don't have much to show for it in the way of blogging material ... so I'm back on my horse of interrupting every fun gathering to annoyingly capture kodak moments. :)

We caught up with Adrian & Josh ... with precious little Austin, and Lindsay and Trevor ... with precious little Lillia for dinner one night.






And I was lucky enough to catch Claire and her beautiful baby boy, Reid, at work the next day.



Baby fever is definitely upon our friends in Minneapolis. Please Note: We have one more year in Arkansas, which is a looong way from "the fever" up North, in case it is contagious. We did take advantage of the time to work on our baby skills ...


I'm not sure who is more afraid, Kyle or Austin ... Seriously, I think this is the closest Kyle got to one of the babies all night!


And, I look like I'm having fun with little Austin, but I'm really just praying that someone takes him before he starts to cry ...




I caught up with my lovely "Yoplait Ladies" on Weds evening at Mrs. Pradhan's beautiful new house. (It's really gorgeous, Lauren!) We all met while working in the Yoplait division a good 5 years ago and have kept a decent schedule of mini reunions since then. Pictured with me below are Shelly, Kristen and Lauren ... Allison, Danielle and Katie were unable to attend, but we'll get the entire crew together next time.




Thursday, Kyle and I spent some time with his Polaris work crowd ... catching a great dinner at Chino Latino and watching a hilarious show by the improv group at the Brave New Workshop. If you live in Minneapolis and have never been there before, I highly recommend you check it out. Even Kyle said he'd go back! (that's saying a lot for a live show) www.bravenewworkshop.org




Turns out, while we were enjoying the single digit weather in Minneapolis, our new home down south was getting pummeled with snow and ice. I moved my flight to avoid the chaos and flew back with Kyle on Saturday. We had left both of our cars in the uncovered parking lot at the airport, so we were welcomed by a good inch of ice covering each vehicle and a layer of 5 inches of heavy snow blanketing the ice.


From one frozen tundra to the next, I guess.

No comments: