Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Loving Our New Target

I know what you're thinking ... Tracie is working at Walmart and Kyle hated working at the "other retail giant" in Minneapolis ... so how are they so in love with Target?

Don't be fooled ... I'm talking about the new dartboard that Kyle hung up in the man cave downstairs!





That's right ... it's dart time, ladies and gentlemen! Somehow, I always thought this would be a southern activity, but I have not seen it at any bars down here. (Maybe it's too dangerous with all the alcohol they consume?) Apparently, it's just a midwest thing. (Guess we can hold our liquor better!)



Kyle has been practicing since he was a youngin' in his best friend's garage until the wee hours of the morning ... not quite sure when I picked it up, but I was definitely born with some talent. Maybe all the pitching practice in fast pitch softball really was worth it afterall - we all know I rode the pine in softball, but at least I have a strong flick of the wrist to launch my darts!



Here's Kyle kicking off our best of three competition.




Here's me with my final bullseye of game three to win our inaugural tournament. (In all fairness, Kyle wiped the floor with me at our second tournament.)




Our friend's Angie and Brian were over for dinner a couple weekends ago and dear Angie became the first to throw a dart into the wall. Somebody had to do it ... and I can guarantee she won't be the last.



Just one more enticement to add to the growing list of reasons everyone needs to come visit! But if you show up at the front door, and we don't answer ... check the man cave downstairs ... we're probably throwing darts ...

No comments: