Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I'm usually adamant about posting in chronological order ... but I missed blogging about one great weekend we had this summer, enjoying the great outdoors, and figured it was worth sharing.

Back in August, we joined some friends from General Mills for some 4-wheeling just south of Fayetteville. I have ridden 4-wheelers before (the first time was the first weekend I went to Chetek with my boyfriend!) but I had never actually driven one. Here I am after conquering a short trail ... complete with mud splashes! I know, I look pretty tough.






Bella Vista has 10 golf courses and we have yet to go golfing! Now, I'm not complaining cause I've golfed one time in my life and that was more than enough, but we figured we should take advantage of what our new city has to offer ... so we headed to the golfing range for the afternoon. Here we are, perfecting our swings. We each made it through a bucket of balls and called it a day.

We headed north to Missouri another weekend in August for some canoeing on the Elk River. It was a beautiful ride and literally 15 minutes from our house! We have some practicing to do so that next time there is less shouting and more rowing. :)


The Natural State sure is beautiful! We're excited to explore more of it this fall, now that it's not 95 degrees. (Most of you know that Kyle's not a fan of the heat ... to the point that I have to wear sweatshirts in the house in the summer because we keep it so cool!) We're planning to do some hiking, camping and drive some scenic routes to enjoy the colors. The invite is on the table for anyone who wants to join us!

No comments: