Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Here's a look at our new backyard when we moved in - tail end of "Winter" ... if you can even call it that down here. Anyway, the trees were bare, and we could see our distant neighbors over the ravine. Still a beautiful view out the back door, but we knew it could only get better from here.


Now take a look at that same view from our deck! All of a sudden, the leaves are back, and our neighbors have disappeared! I will say Spring arrived later than I expected. Purple redbud blooms were the only sign of spring amidst the bare branches for several weeks. Then it seems, overnight, everything filled in. While Arkansas has a beautiful Spring, it also has one that I seem to be allergic too. I've never had to deal with red, itchy eyes on a regular basis and violent sneezing that hurts my throat. Please God, let me get used to whatever it is down here that is making me miserable lately. I'd rather not have to deal with this on an annual basis. Although, I plan to milk it for all it's worth and make Kyle cut the grass every time from now on!

Here is a redbud - these purple blooms dotted the streets everywhere down here for at least 2 weeks. I'm hoping these didn't stir up my allergies, but it's quite possible

No comments: