Friday, December 2, 2011

The Mulhausen's in Minnesota

(classic, right?! the only family picture we got before the batteries in the camera died!)

Kyle and I hosted my side of the family for Thanksgiving this year.  We were grateful that all of the Mulhausen's made the trip!  My brother and sister-in-law even brought the warm weather with them from Austin, TX as we enjoyed 60 degrees for the holiday!

The meal turned out great ... much less stressful when you have a lot of helpers.  Sure, I picked out the recipes and prepped a few things the day before, but on Thanksgiving day, the whole family pitched in (well, almost the whole family, you know who you are...) - Kyle cooked the bird, Kathy and Jason took care of the herb biscuits, Kathy made her mom's mashed potatoes, my mom prepared the brussel sprouts and gravy and my Aunt Hedy set the table and poured the drinks.




 

Vaughn and Paisley were the entertainment of the weekend, as expected.  It doesn't get much cuter than these two.






I just can't explain how happy it made me to have my entire family under the same roof, celebrating the holiday together in our new home.  Those of you that have family spread across the country can probably relate, but having everyone in the same place doesn't happen too often these days, so no matter how crazy it gets, I love every minute.

Thanks to my family for making the trek to Independence, Minnesota!  I only wish the holidays came around more than once a year.

No comments: