Thursday, June 3, 2010

18 lbs of Pure Sugar

WE INTERRUPT THIS EUROPE TRIP REVIEW FOR A SPECIAL REPORT:
Memorial Day with Vaughn!!!



We hit the road last Friday for the 8.5 hour trip to Austin to visit my brother and sister-in-law, Jeff and Kathleen, and their adorable son, Vaughn – our favorite little nephew!





I did most of the driving to give poor Kyle a break as he hits the road for Minneapolis this coming weekend. (It never ends.) While the drive was long … it was all worth it when we saw him smile at us for the first time. Are you kidding me?!?! I could feel my heart melt right then and there. I’m just in awe at this little munchkin – who turned into a little man since we saw him last February. He's literally double the size ... 5 months going on 15!


Vaughn rockin' his baby ear protection for all that live music he's going to catch in Austin.



Bonding with Uncle Kyle ... I mean, is he cute or what? Vaughn is adorable, too. :)





Skyping with Grandpa back in Cleveland. He's been doing this for 5 months already, so he's clearly a pro!



The Mulhausen kids squeezing into the webcam shot for Grandma to take a Skype picture.





I took the liberty of branding our little peanut ... I think he needs to do commercials.




Continuing with the theme of dressing him up like a doll, here is Vaughn in his new kilt from Scotland! (He wants to be like Uncle Kyle) It's for 2 year olds so he'll have to grow into it.




Sitting at the table for family breakfast, praying for a bite of waffle!




Hanging with Aunt Tracie and Uncle Kyle.




In the midst of all the baby fun, Jeff took us to see a Roller Derby match. My dream since I watched the movie Whip It and was enamored by this quirky sport. Dusty Doublewide was my favorite … I am unable to share some of the other names as I’d like to keep this blog clean.




Kath and I even found time for a pedicure, while the boys watched Vaughn. Spoiled rotten and loving every minute of it.



Kyle and I got to enjoy some trashy beers at Freddie's Place on our last night in town.
.




We had to drive back on Monday and with traffic, it took us close to 10 hours. All the while, little Vaughn was enjoying his first pool party! He really is a sweet, smiley baby - 18 lbs of pure sugar and boy do I have a sweet tooth!


1 comment:

Casey said...

Wow, Vaughn is getting so big!! 18 pounds?! Catching up to Carter! That is so nice that you got to see him!