Sunday, April 11, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

Earlier this week, my friend Chaney stumbled into some free tickets to a Dierks Bentley concert and invited Kyle and I to come along. He's a country star, for all of you who haven't yet discovered, accepted or admitted the joy of country tunes. Y'all need to give country a chance! When in Rome ... or Arkansas ...

We'd seen Dierks once before at Austin City Limits but he really blew us away this time. Here we are pre-show. I mean, are we cute or are we cute?!??! Kyle still knows how to clean up when he gets the chance to leave the house!




Here's Mr. Bentley and his crew. He really took the time to interact with the crowd and the fun he was having on the stage was contagious. We do think he had libations in his little red cup as he got crazier as the show went on ... and literally forgot the words to one of his songs ... but it was authentic and thoroughly entertaining.


And here is one of my many lessons of living in the South. Ladies all wear their cowboy boots to country concerts ... usually paired with a cute little dress. While I looked hot, my black heels didn't really fit in. I'll probably get this Southern thing down by the time we are moving back North.

No comments: