Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Today is the day we've been looking forward to for over 6 months now ... we are jumping over the pond to attend our friend's wedding in a castle in the Scottish countryside. So, basically, entering a movie set - my dream come true! We are taking full advantage of our pricey tickets to fly over there by extending our visit to 2 weeks touring Scotland, Ireland and England. Even visiting the little town of Ochiltree, Scotland where Kyle's great-great-great-great-grandparents are buried - too cool!

Thanks to General Mills for allowing me some additional time off to further extend my travels. My friend, Beth, from college will meet me in London the day my hubby flies home and we will bounce around Europe, visiting several of my friends I met while studying in Denmark. London to Paris to Barcelona to Valencia to Rome to Cinque Terre to Milan to Munich. Dizzying, I know. We'll be thoroughly exhausted when we get home, but it will be well worth it. We'll have local guides (and free accommodations) in 5 of the 7 spots we'll be touring. Priceless.

I have to apologize in advance to my faithful blog readers. There may be quite a hiatus in my posts, given that I'll be overseas for a whole month, but I'll do my best to make time to drop you all a line at some point along the way.

My apologies as well as this is the FIRST and hopefully the ONLY blog that does not include pictures. This is just a teaser - the set up for the most amazing pictures to come ...

Four words: Kyle in a kilt! I get giddy just thinking about it. :)

No comments: