Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Petersen's Meet the Big Apple

We headed to the East Coast for a friend's wedding and seized the opportunity to hang out with our good friends, Mike and Dana, and visit the busiest city in the US! It was Kyle's first trip to NYC, and my first trip as a Petersen. (Tracie Mulhausen had been 3 times before!)


Believe it or not, Kyle actually enjoyed the city ... now I don't see my country bumpkin moving there anytime soon, but we had a great time seeing the sites and exploring off the beaten path restaurants and bars with our local guides.


Here are the four muskateers atop the Rockefeller Center with the Empire State Building in the back. Thanks, Mike and Dana, for such a great tour of the city!! Can't wait to do it again!


Kyle will attest to the fact that I LOVE my Today Show in the mornings. While I couldn't get my hubby to agree to getting out of bed by 5am to see the taping of the show, I did make him pose in front of Studio 1A and a picture of my favorite morning news duo. Kyle was very excited, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Here's a nice pic that Kyle took of Central Park from the Top of the Rock. I wanted to make sure he saw where he will be taking me on a romantic carriage ride on our next visit to New York. :)


And last, but certainly not least ... here are some photos from one of the most interesting wedding celebrations we have ever been to! We got to experience a Hindu and a Jewish ceremony for our friends Kethan and Lauren. We really enjoyed the fusion of traditions, foods and cultures and were able to perfect some Bollywood dance moves.



Here's what I get for not knowing how to use my camera ... not to mention that I didn't pack the charging cord so we just squeeked out a picture with the happy couple. Congrats, you two!

No comments: