Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Great Lakes

While Kyle headed North to enjoy the lakes of Wisconsin for a few days, I seized the opportunity to get out and enjoy the lakes of Arkansas, right here at home! Last Saturday, my friend from Walmart, Rob, invited me to join him and some friends on the boat he rented for the summer. We headed out to Beaver Lake and enjoyed wakeboarding and floating with some tasty beverages. (I chose the latter! They were pro's on the wakeboard and I was not in the mood to star in amateur hour.)

Check out these pics of my friends Rob and Andrea catching some air on the wakeboard!


You thought Minnetonka was a big lake?!?!? I'd confidently wager that Beaver Lake is at least 10x the size. The lakes down here are also more rustic looking. While there may be huge houses along the banks, they are tucked behind lush trees. There are no roads or restaurants along the waters edge, just a sea of green. Gorgeous! Although, I was craving a cocktail on the deck at Fletchers! We found the next best thing ... what's known as the "Party Cove." Tons of boats pull in here, hook up to each other, drop anchor, blare music and drink the day away.
We didn't stay long enough to see all the craziness that typically ensues (thank God) but we did enjoy floating around in the crystal clear water.

No comments: