Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Babies!

As many of you know ... my ... ehem ... second 29th birthday is coming up in December. This past weekend, I got two of the best early birthday presents EVER! (better get to work, Kyle.)


My Dad was out of town visiting my Aunt Hedy in Cali so my Mom decided to jet out to Austin and visit her little grandbaby. As an early birthday present, she bought me a ticket to join her for the weekend. A-MAZING! I couldn't ask for a better gift! 3 full days with my little nephew is pure heaven.




...and hanging with my Mom, Brother and Sis-in-Law wasn't so bad either. :)


Pretty typical of my visits to see Vaughn, I took hundreds of pictures. Literally, hundreds. Somehow, I didn't take a single one of the entire family together, so I'll have to share separate shots of each family member ...

Here's my big brother, Jeff, showing off his stylish faux-hawk ...



Here's my Mom reading a book ...



Here's my adorable sister-in-law getting ready for work ...



And here's me, taking a nap after a long day of babysitting ...

Good thing I took some time to get shots of the family ... it would have been a shame if I only focused on Vaughn every second of the day. :)


Here's our favorite little Schnitzle watching his first Buckeye victory.


And for my Mom's belated birthday present, we took Vaughn to a photo shoot with his Nana. He's what you would call "a ham for the camera."






I would say, my Mom and I had some pretty fabulous birthdays.


My second gift pales in comparison to a weekend with Vaughn, but I do consider it my baby ...




So, thank you to my Mom for the ticket to Austin. I had a wonderful weekend and am already counting down the days to Christmas in Cleveland with little Vaughn-da-loo! And thank you to Jeff and Kathy for my two favorite babies ... Vaughn and my new Coach bag. They both make me smile. :)

PS - Kyle spent his weekend on the couch with close to 48 hours of pure football, with some frozen pizza's and Dorito's thrown in for good measure. For everyone's sake, there are no pictures to document the event. I must admit that in between the football, he found time to clean the whole house, so I can't complain! Love you, honey!

No comments: