Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We're Open for Business

You've already read about our visit with our friends, The Erspamer's, last week. Well, we kicked them out after breakfast last Monday, and by dinner ... we were greeted by Kyle's Great Aunt Berni and Uncle Jerry! Can you believe the amount of attention we're getting down here in Arkansas?!?!? Either Kyle and I are popular, or people are so intrigued by the fact that we live in the forgotten-backwoods-state of Arkansas that they can't resist. I vote the latter.



I came home on my lunch hour to change the sheets, clean the bathroom and prep for our new guests. Kyle reminded me that it's good practice for the B&B I'd like to run someday. Impressive, I know. Not to worry ... the hubby did the dishes and straightened up the rest of the house - not to toot our own horns, but we do make a darn good team. :)


It was GREAT to see Aunt Berni and Uncle Jerry! They are on a cross-country roadtrip to visit family in Arizona and were nice enough to take a short detour to visit. We enjoyed some great local BBQ at the supper club down the road and spent the evening playing cards.


It doesn't happen often, so I had to photograph the event ... but I was the big winner of the night! Beginner's luck, I think.



Thanks to Aunt Berni and Uncle Jerry for spending some time with us, taking us out for dinner, and teaching us a new card game.


To any and all ... the door is always open at the Petersen Palace ... there's a guest room with your name on it. Clearly, we are professionals at this gig!

No comments: