Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kyle Conquers Loch Lomond

Kyle got the boat registered for the Bella Vista Lakes so we headed out to Loch Lomond on Friday. A large section of Bella Vista is called The Highlands, with all the streets and lakes named after places in Scotland. Thanks to my trip 2 years ago with my mom, I recognize all the names, and Kyle will be well prepared for our trip back to Scotland in the spring. (our Scottish friends invited us to their wedding next April!!)
.
Here is Kyle gazing out onto Loch Lomond ... itching to test out the waters.

The lake is considerably smaller than Beaver lake, but it is the largest of the Bella Vista lakes. Beatiful houses along the shoreline ... generally more peaceful than Beaver, except for the annoying kids screaming while they splash in the water. Again, not ready for children.
.
I enjoyed a good book and the nice breeze, while Kyle tested out the fishing.

He was probably fishing just over an hour, when he pulled in his first Arkansas fish! Take that, Lomond! He scored a largemouth bass ... probably less than 2 lbs ... but enough to freak me out.

Kyle was all smiles ... but seriously, you should have seen me. "Don't come any closer with that thing. Seriously." He even dug into its mouth to dislodge the hook while I scattered toward the back of the boat. I was brave enough to touch his side with one finger, but it will be quite the feat if I ever hold one myself.

Needless to say, Kyle is fishing solo this afternoon, while I blog about life and paint the bathroom. Not enough sun to add to my tan. I'm sure he won't miss my screaching whenever he gets a bite!

No comments: